Reviews on Google Maps, How To Generate Reviews on Google, & Why It's Important to Get More Reviews on Google
If you're a business owner, then you know how important it is to get more reviews on Google. In fact, recent studies have shown that businesses with more than 50 reviews get twice as many clicks as those with fewer reviews. And, if you can get your business to have a 5-star rating, then you'll be even better off. So, how can you go about getting more reviews from customers? In this blog post, we'll discuss several different methods that you can use to get more 5-star reviews on Google. We'll also talk about the importance of keeping your Google My Business listing up-to-date and optimized. Keep reading for more information!
Why it's important to actively manage your Google business listing
As a business owner, you should already be aware of the importance of having an up-to-date and optimized Google My Business listing. If you're not familiar with Google My Business, it's a free tool that allows businesses to manage their online presence across Google Search and Maps. By optimizing your Google My Business listing, you can get more customers to find and contact your business. And, by getting more reviews on Google from customers, you'll be able to improve your business's online reputation and attract even more customers.
If you're not already convinced of the importance of regularly updating your business listing on Google, then consider this stat: 90% of people use local search engines to find local businesses. That means that if your business doesn't have an SEO-optimized profile on Google and Google Maps that you're not getting found by 90% of people near you. That means that 9 out of 10 possible customers in your area are picking your competitors over you.
There are many things you can update for your business on Google. One of the most important things to keep updated on is your business hours. You might not think that this is a big deal, but if your customers come to your store or office outside of your listed business hours, then they're likely to leave a negative review. So, make sure that you keep your business hours updated!
Another thing you should update regularly is your address and phone number. If these get out of date, then you could start losing customers. And, if you move or change your phone number, make sure to update your information on Google right away!
Another thing you should regularly update on your Google Maps business listing is your photos. People love looking at photos, so make sure to add some good ones! You can add photos of your products, your store or office, your team, or even just some general shots of your city or town.
You should also update your business description on Google My Business from time to time. This is a great opportunity to tell your customers what makes your business unique and why they should choose you over your competitors.
One of the most important things to keep updated on your Google My Business listing is your website link. If this gets out of date, it can hurt your SEO ranking. So, make sure that you always have the correct link on your profile!
Your business listing on Google Maps is also a great place to tell customers what services you provide or products you sell. If you have a new product or service, make sure to add it to your listing! By adding each service or product you offer, you're increasing the chances that customers will find what they're looking for when they search for your business.
Now that you know all about Google My Business and Google Business Profiles let's talk about reviews. Google prioritizes businesses that have many recent positive reviews because it's an indicator that it's a good business that their users are likely going to have a positive experience with - and Google doesn't want to make bad recommendations to its users.
Why it's important to get more reviews on Google Maps:
There are many reasons why it's important to get more reviews on Google, but here are just a few:
- Reviews help improve your SEO ranking. The more reviews you have, the higher you'll rank in search results. And, the higher you rank, the more likely people are to find and contact your business.
- Positive reviews can attract new customers. When potential customers see that you have positive reviews from other customers, they're more likely to trust your business and choose you over a competitor with no reviews or negative reviews.
- Reviews give you valuable feedback. Not only do positive reviews let you know that you're doing a good job, but negative reviews can also be helpful in identifying areas where you need to improve.
- Google will look at what people say in your reviews and use them to decide when to show you in a search result. As an example, if you are a plumber in Los Angeles and a customer leaves you a written review on Google Maps that says, "This was the best plumber I've ever worked with in Los Angeles" Google knows has more evidence that you're great, that you're a plumber, and that you're in Los Angeles. So, when a searcher types into Google "Best plumber in Los Angeles" Google is going to show you near the top of the search results and reference that customer's review.
- Photos in reviews help give potential customers more confidence in your products or services.
- Google pays attention to where a customer was physically located when they leave you a business review on Google Maps. So, if a customer leaves you a review while located 15 minutes away from your place of business, Google will learn that people from that area are interested in your business, and they'll be more likely to show you to others in that area instead of just consumers that are located nearby you.
How to generate reviews on Google
- You can ask your customers to leave a review when they're happy with their purchase or service.
- You can send follow-up emails after a customer has made a purchase, asking them to leave a review.
- You can offer incentives for customers who leave reviews, like discounts or coupons.
- You can add a link to your Google Maps listing on your website or in your email signature so that customers can easily leave reviews.
- You can place review stickers or signs in your store or office to encourage customers to leave reviews.
- If you communicate with your customers through text messages, you can ask them to leave you a review via text after you complete your service
- You can add a QR code to your digital receipts that, when scanned, can bring your customers to a review request link for Google
There are many things you can do to get more reviews on Google - and the best part is, most of them are free! By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to getting more positive reviews for your business. And, who knows? Maybe one day you'll even rank number one in search results!
If you're not convinced of the importance of getting reviews on Google Maps, here are some examples that will make you think otherwise:
When you search Google for "Mexican restaurant in Los Angeles" you can see that all top three results have tons of positive reviews on Google Maps.
When you search Google for "Plumber in Los Angeles" you can see that all three top results have tons of positive reviews on Google Maps.
When you search Google for "home cleaning service in Los Angeles" you can see that all three top results have tons of positive reviews on Google Maps.
If you're not regularly asking your customers for reviews, you're missing out on an opportunity to improve your business and attract new customers. So, start today! And, if you need help getting more reviews on Google, feel free to contact us - we'd be happy to help!
Through our advanced link to Google reviews, we've helped thousands of businesses get more positive reviews on Google Maps, generate tons of 5-star reviews, and have increased our customer's Google reviews by an average of one star!
Increasing your business's Google rating by one star can be the difference between staying in business and going out of business or earning thousands or hundreds of thousands more per year.
If you'd like to learn more about how Merchynt can help your business get more reviews on Google, then check out our website here or get in touch to get your free local marketing consultation. Merchynt is rated Excellent on Trustpilot thanks to its highly effective service and amazing customer support.
Reviews on Google Maps vs. Reviews on Facebook vs. Reviews on Yelp
You may be wondering why you don't need to get as many reviews on Yelp & Facebook, and there's a good reason for that. Google and Google Maps are by far the most important review sites for local businesses.
That's because when people are searching for a local business on Google, they're more likely to see the businesses that have many positive reviews on Google Maps. Google is the largest search engine in the world.
Yelp & Facebook are still important review sites, but they don't have as much of an impact on search results as Google does. So, if you're only going to get reviews on one site, make it Google.
Also, if you split your review efforts across various platforms, you'll end up with fewer reviews on each, which means none of your profiles will rank too highly. If you focus all of your energy on Google, you'll get more reviews on there which will help your business rank higher in search results.
What to do when you get negative reviews on Google or bad reviews on Google Maps
Since 87% of people will pick a business based on their reviews alone, it's extremely important to handle bad reviews well. Below are some tips on what to do when you get negative reviews on Google:
- Don't panic - bad reviews happen to the best of businesses. The important thing is how you handle them.
- Address the issue head-on - don't try to sweep it under the rug or ignore it. Respond publicly and apologize for the inconvenience caused.
- Offer a solution - if someone left a negative review because they didn't get the service they expected, offer them a refund or a coupon for their next purchase.
- Thank them - even if someone left a negative review, thank them for taking the time to write it. This shows that you're listening and care about your customers' feedback.
Bad reviews on Google can be really damaging to your business's reputation, but if you handle them well, they can also be an opportunity to show your customers that you care about their experience and are willing to go the extra mile to make things right.
Examples of how to respond to bad reviews on Google
Best way to respond to an angry customer review on Google #1:
If you don't think the person that left the review was actually a customer, or think they have bad motives for leaving the bad review on Google Maps, such as them being a competitor, respond to their review quickly asking them to provide an order number, invoice number, or details about the service provided. If the review is not genuine, they will likely not respond. Then, when a potential customer sees this negative review on Google, they'll be likely to dismiss it as inaccurate since the customer didn't respond.
Best way to respond to an angry customer review on Google #2:
If a customer leaves you a very angry bad review on Google Maps, simply apologize and ask them to reach out to you so you can make it right to them. Thank them for their feedback and show that you're taking the review seriously. This will help to soften the blow of a negative review and make potential customers believe that you care about your customers' experience.
Respond to reviews on Google Maps fast
Believe it or not, customers expect to hear from businesses after they leave reviews, even if they're positive reviews. Responding to your customer's reviews on Google Maps will do more than just make them happy. It will help you rank higher in Google search results. It will show other potential customers that you care about your customers and their feedback. It will also encourage more customers to leave reviews since they can see that it won't fall upon deaf ears.
If you are going to respond to your customers' reviews on Google Maps, there is one thing that you must never, ever, EVER, ever do. Never respond in an angry way to your customers on Google. This will make customers less likely to give your business a try and can do even more damage. The best thing to do is respond nicely and sympathetically.
Can you remove bad reviews on Google?
We get asked, "Can you remove or delete bad reviews on Google" all the time. The answer to this is "no." Google doesn't remove reviews just because they're negative. The best thing you can do is respond nicely and try to drown it out by getting many more 5-star reviews from your customers.
In conclusion, reviews on Google Maps are important for businesses. They can either make or break your business. If you get bad reviews, don't panic, address the issue head-on, offer a solution, thank the customer, and respond quickly. If you do all of these things, you'll be sure to turn a negative review into a positive one. Happy customers are more likely to leave reviews on Google Maps, so make sure you're doing everything you can to keep them happy!
If you want help generating more reviews on Google / Google Maps, get in touch. We're leaders in Google review generation for small businesses and would love to give you a free local marketing consultation call. Learn more about Merchynt and its local marketing services at www.merchynt.com. They're rated Excellent on Trustpilot for a reason!